In the AIRLab you can find also a memory camcorder, i.e. a consumer camera system that records (lossy) compressed digital video onto standard SD flash memory cards. It's a Samsung - VP-MX10H and can be used to record on video demos, lessons or talks. It is fitted with an 8GB SD card, i.e. the biggest it can be used with.
- maximum resolution 720x576 pixel (progressive scan), the same as DVD
- MPEG4 encoding (Mplayer for Linux, for example, plays it back perfectly)
- 2.7" 16:9 LCD Display (but recorded image format is 4:3)
- 34x Optical zoom (1200x with digital zoom)
- image stabilizer (use it if you go over, say, 4x of zoom factor)
- USB connection to PC (it's seen as a mass storage device)
- maximum usable SD card capacity 8GB
- 220' of video on an 8GB card in best-quality mode
- 120' (claimed) battery duration (with fully charged battery, during recording and if you don't play much with the zoom)
- unreliable battery charge indicator :-(
- battery discharges quickly even when the device is off, so be sure to recharge it before use
Where is the camera now
The camera is in AI&R Lab, in Lambrate from February 12th.
If you want to use the camera, please book in advance by adding an entry to the table.