Difference between revisions of "Rawseeds"
(→Other Politecnico di Milano people)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 16:38, 25 January 2010
This research topic belongs to the research area Robotics.
|Short Description:||Building a Benchmarking Toolkit for SLAM|
|Tutor:||MatteoMatteucci (email@example.com), GiulioFontana (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
Part 1: project profile
RAWSEEDS, or Robotics Advancement through Web-publishing of Sensorial and Elaborated Extensive Data Sets.
Project short description
Project RAWSEEDS has the aim of gathering and publishing on the web:
- high-quality data sets, obtained by exploring indoor and outdoor environments with suitably equipped mobile robots;
- problems (called Benchmark Problems or BPs) defined on the above datasets, each of them including a description of the methodology to use when evaluating a solution for it;
- algorithms (called Benchmark Solutions or BSs) that solve the BPs, along with their output when applied to the associated problems and with the results of the evaluation of such output using the criteria defined in the BP.
RAWSEEDS' BPs and BSs are mainly focused towards the problems of localization, mapping and SLAM (Simultaneous Localization And Mapping) in robotics. As a whole, they are called Rawseeds' Benchmarking Toolkit because they can be used to assess and compare algorithms. By the way, RAWSEEDS means Robotics Advancement through Web-publishing of Sensorial and Elaborated Extensive Data Sets.
Start date: 2006/01/11
End date: 2009/30/04
You can learn more (and download everything that RAWSEEDS has produced until now) from the official website of the project, here: http://www.rawseeds.org. Through the website you can also upload your own Benchmark Solutions.
Matteo Matteucci - User:MatteoMatteucci
Other Politecnico di Milano people
Giulio Fontana - User:GiulioFontana
Davide Migliore - User:DavideMigliore
No students are currently involved.
Davide Rizzi (User:DavideRizzi) is actively working on the project.
Moreover, three foreign partners working are collaborating to the RAWSEEDS project. They are:
Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg, Germany (Institut für Informatik)
Universidad de Zaragoza, Spain (Depto. Informática e Ingeniería de Sistemas)
Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca, Italy (Dip. di Informatica, Sistemistica e Comunicazione), lab. I.R.A., with these people:
Laboratory work and risk analysis
Laboratory work for this project will be mainly performed at AIRLab/Lambrate. It will include significant amounts of mechanical work and little electrical and electronic activity. Potentially risky activities are the following:
- Use of mechanical tools. Standard safety measures described in Safety norms will be followed.
- Use of soldering iron. Standard safety measures described in Safety norms will be followed.
- Transportation of heavy loads (e.g. robots). Standard safety measures described in Safety norms will be followed.
- Robot testing. Standard safety measures described in Safety norms will be followed.
- Use of a modified (human-guided) golf cart. We will use the cart only in open-air environments.
Part 2: project description
Please refer to http://rawseeds.org for details, results, and everything else.