This page contains some useful addresses and links about shops, stores, factories, online catalogues. With some of them we have partnerships for discounts.
- You can purchase things directly if you spend less than 100€ including taxes (obviously with authorization of your tutor). Give the receipt or invoice to your tutor to obtain refund!
- If you need to spend more you need to refer to your tutor to start a different procedure ("Buono d'Ordine").
Robot bases and components
- Robot Domestici Italian site. Some good prices, some very high.
- Robot Italy Italian site. A lot of stuff.
- Robostore Italian site. A lot of stuff. Well organized.
- Emmeshop Italian site. A lot of stuff.
- Robotshop Really a lot of stuff. Check to be on the EU site
- Hobby King A lot of stuff, mostly model-oriented. Check to be on the EU Warehouse.
- Milan Model: Via Imbonati, 78 Milan (MM Dergano) - Big model shop, selling all needed for models from servos, to batteries, gears, ball bearing, ...
- kitronik Kits and unusual stuff.
- Dagu Kits, wheels; Chinese.
- Jonathan Italian site. Model oriented.
- WowWee Get inspired! Cheap and complex robobases.
- Maxon The best (and most expensive) motors
- RS - You can shop on-line or buy direct from the RS shop located in via W. Tobagi, 19 - Vimodrone (near the "Cascina Burrona" stop of MM2). Important! If you buy directly at the RS shop, you absolutely must request that the name on the invoice ("fattura") is: Politecnico di Milano - Dipartimento di Elettronica e Informazione - via Ponzio 34/5 - 20133 Milano and that the invoice is marked as paid (RS uses a strange paper-piercing tool to do the mark). If you ask for these two things, you get a 10% discount; if you don't, you don't get the discount and, above all, you cannot obtain a refund from your tutor!
- Farnell - You can shop on-line with discounts.
- Franchi di Scarpa - Via Padova, 74 - Milano.
- Watterott Online shop in Germany (no additional taxes): drivers, microcontrollers, cards, ...
- Hobbytronics Online shop in UK: components, wires, ...
- Digilent Boards, sensors. Home of PMod.
- Sintolvox - Via Privata Asti, 12 (close to Piazza Piemonte) - Milano.
- Futura Elettronica - via Adige 11, 21013 Gallarate (Va)
- LeD elettronica snc - Milano via Bessarione 14 (Corvetto) - 02-5392845
- Microchip - OnLine shops for PIC and other stuffs. For sample request try to sent an e-mail to franca.borella<at>microchip.com. Italian sales office is located in Legnano, Via P. Picasso 41. Reception Phone: 0331-742611; Franca Borella: 0331-742621.
- Burklin: vendor of cables and other stuff
- Futurlec: all electronics, chinese vendor, quite fast delivery (for a chinese vendor: 1-2 weeks).
PCB printing services
- ITead Studio - Cheap and good quality chinese supplier - 1 week production time plus shipping (from 5 days with DHL to 3-4 weeks with standard mailing)
- Seeed Studio - Cheap and good quality chinese supplier - Almost the same as ITead Studio but with some different panelizing options
Machine shop and mechanical parts
- Meccanica di precisione srl di Moretti Piero, via Tartini Giuseppe 6 (map), 02-3761826. Use line 82 from Bovisa or MM3 Maciachini.
- Ferramenta Pietro Viganò, via Montevideo 8, Milano. Near the "S. Agostino" stop of MM2.
- LIP Lavorazione Ingranaggi di Precisione, Via C. Colombo 11, 20094 Corsico (MI),Tel: 02 48600779 - 02 4502929 - 02 48601251 Fax: 02 48601215 firstname.lastname@example.org - Gears.
- CTMeca: an Italian vendor of mechanical parts.
- Item: modular aluminium mechanical components. Some of these are already available in the lab.
- Ball bearing, no name shop. Via Catalani, second shop on the right, grey. Any ball bearing.
- Omniwheels (not the best ones, but acceptable and common) Kornylak (recommended rubber coating and transwheel).
Plastics, rubbers and the like
- FICED: plastic material
- Plasting: Plastic - Via Alpini, 9 - Segrate (Milan)
- Plexishop: Plexiglas, policarbonate and many more.
- Moroni Gomma: Rubber, gum - Via Giusti, 20 - Milan
- BCM: Lattice -Via Vincenzo Monti, 56 - Milan
- SAET: Acrilic, plexiglas, plastic - Via Candiani, 9 - Milan
- : molding and chemicals. GREAT site and representative close to Milan (Lissone)
- DZ Models: chemicals (Resin, silicon, ...), colors.
- La casa dei colori: Chemicals (silicon, rubber, ...), colors.
- Flockcart: Resin, plastic, silicon, ... - Via Valparaiso 11 - Milan
- Prochima: Resin, plastic, silicon, ... - Via G. Agnelli 6 - 61030 CALCINELLI di SALTARA (PU) - Tel. 0721.897635 - 0721.871267 - 0721.871341
- Gomma Corvetto: Rubber, plastic shields, pipes, wheels... - Via Gamboloita, 4 - 20139 - Milano (Zona Corvetto) - Tel. +39 (02) 539 8301
- Pigomma: Rubber, Plastic.
- Miorini: metal - Viale Ortles, 21 - Milan
- Omar aluminio : aluminum bars Pero MM
- La milano alluminio: aluminum Via Gallarate 355 Milano
- Io e Il legno - Largo Murani - Milan - Brico center close to Politecnico (south end of via Golgi)
- Baldo Legnami: Wood- Via Val d'Intelvi, 24 - Milan
- Io e Il legno - Largo Murani - Milan - Bricolage center close to Politecnico (south end of via Golgi)
- For posters and such things, one place is Virus (via Corti 30, near the DEI).
Miscellaneous online resources
- Traceparts: a repository of 2D and 3D CAD models (requires user registration).