Talk:LURCH - The autonomous wheelchair
mac-address clonato all'interfaccia esterna: 00-40-63-eb-d1-a1 (pcbrick-03)
2010 December 14 the router doesn't work... seems that someone has used the "reset" button, because alla the settings are to the default (user:"admin" pass:"", no wireless configuration, router ip 192.168.0.1, no mac clone...) TO BE FIXED
WPA2 PSK: pcbricklurch
pcbrick-one 192.168.0.5 00-40-63-eb-d2-a2
pcbrick-03 192.168.0.3 00-40-63-eb-d1-a1
simone-desktop 192.168.0.1 00-02-72-52-04-a1
pcbrick-one 192.168.0.5 00-30-18-a2-aa-8e
simone-laptop 192.168.0.2 00-1f-3c-9c-66-f1
MSL library soruce + PQP source: Media:MSL.zip compiled on Ubuntu 8.10 with gcc 4.3.2
Software Installation [TODO: complete]
This guide is tested on Ubuntu 8.10, 9.04 and Xubuntu 8.10. GCC version in 4.3.
- Install the following packages:
If you want you can cut and paste this command line: sudo apt-get install ...
- Download this file: [TODO], which contains ARToolKitPlus Libraries
- unpack it in /opt folder
- go into /opt/ARToolKitPlus_2.1.1
- export ARTKP=/opt/ARToolKitPlus_2.1.1
- sudo make install
- download lurch-control.tar.gz
- extract it in your home folder
- make cleanall
- make ROBOT=wheelchair MODULE=misc
- make ROBOT=wheelchair
- cd wheelchair
- ln -s ../logExtract.sh ./
- ln -s ../run.sh ./
- download lurch-wheelchair-standalone.tar.gz
- extract it in your home folder
- go into lurch-wheelchair-standalone/config
- edit config.ini
- replace line with hostname=airlab-blackbox with hostname=<yourhostname>
- edit agent.ini
- find and replace all "airlab-blackbox" with <yourhostname>
- download the server for simulation (you need sun-java6-jdk installed and Eclipse is suggested)
- from lurch-wheelchair-standalone
- sudo ./run.sh
- Documentation on the interface circuit between the wheelchair joystick and computer: Media:LurchCircuitDocument.pdf.
- WARNING: the circuit was modified and the documentation above is upgraded by this new file: Media:LurchXBee.pdf.
- How to modify the wheelchair joystick to connect to the interface circuit: Media:LurchCircuitJoystick.pdf.
- Brief discussion about the interface circuit between the wheelchair joystick and computer: Media:LurchCircuitJoystickBrief.pdf.
- Brief description of the LURCH project: Media:LurchBriefDesc.pdf.
- Brief description of the communication between the wheelchair interface circuit and a PC via RS232 port: Media:LurchProtocol.pdf.
- Source code for PIC 18F452 microprocessor and Eagle project (schematic and board): Media:LurchCircuitProject.zip.
- Battery replacement done on May 2009, description of work: Media:LurchBatteryReplacement.pdf.
- Thesis by Simone Ceriani, titled Sviluppo di una carrozzina autonoma d'ausilio ai disabili motori (Development of an autonomous wheelchair to help motor-disabled persons): Media:LurchThesisCeriani.pdf (in Italian)
- Thesis presentation by Simone Ceriani (note: Videos don't work, you can found similar videos below): Media:LurchPresentazioneThesisCeriani.zip
- Thesis by Marco Dalli, titled Sviluppo di un sistema di controllo basato su odometria per una carrozzina robotica (Development of a control system based on odometry for a robotic wheelchair): Media:LurchThesisDalli.pdf (in Italian)
- Thesis presentation by Marco Dalli: Media:LurchPresentazioneThesisDalli.zip
- Thesis by Marco Assini, titled Sviluppo di un pianificatore di percorsi geometrici per una carrozzina autonoma (Development of a geometric path planner for an autonomous wheelchair): Media:LurchThesisAssini.pdf (in Italian)
- Thesis presentation by Marco Assini (the file contains a ppt version, a pptx, and a simplified pdf version without animation): Media:LurchPresentazioneThesisAssini.zip
- Thesis by Mauro Brenna, titled Scan Matching, Covariance Estimation and SLAM: Models and Solution for the scanSLAM Algorithm: Media:MauroBrennaMastersThesis2010.pdf (in English)
- Pdf with ArtoolKitPlus Fiducial Markers collection. Dimension are 160x160mm. Media:ArtoolKitPlusMarkers-160mm.pdf.zip
PCBrick-03 and PCBrick-05 feature Xubuntu Linux 7.10, Xfce Window Manager, Openchrome graphics drivers and eGalax touchscreen drivers v1.08.1227 (Drivers here). The touchscreen is configured and calibrated on both machines, hence it can be used with either one or the other indifferently.
We are currently designing a new electronic main board for the wheelchair.
The idea is to base the whole system on a CANbus, allowing a complete modularization of the on-board electronics.