Giulio Fontana works in the design, setup, management, technical supervision and implementation of AIRLab projects. He enjoys finding solutions to problems, and is happiest when designing robots, systems or devices.
The following is a list of of funded projects where Giulio Fontana's role is significant:
- European H2020 project RockEU2, and especially the European Robotics League (Active)
- Politecnico di Milano's interdepartmental project i.Drive (Interaction between Driver, Road infrastructure, Vehicles and Environment, Active)
- European AAL project ALMA (Ageing without Losing Mobility and Autonomy , Active)
- European FP7 project RoCKIn (Robot Competitions Kick Innovation in Cognitive Systems and Robotics , Completed)
- Italian PRIN project ROAMFREE (Robust Odometry Applying Multisensor Fusion to Reduce Estimation Errors , Completed)
- Italian MIUR project Industria 2015: Product Intelligence (providing household appliances with onboard intelligence to optimize energy usage , Completed)
- European FP6 project RAWSEEDS (Robotics Advancement through Web-publishing of Sensorial and Elaborated Extensive Data Sets , Completed)
Giulio Fontana is also involved in many AIRLab projects, including:
- E-2? - A robot for exhibitions (A robot to interact with people at an exhibition , Closed)
- LURCH - The autonomous wheelchair (Augmenting commercial electric wheelchairs with autonomous navigation, obstacle avoidance, and multi-modal interfaces , Closed)
- Rawseeds (Building a Benchmarking Toolkit for robotics , Closed)
There are also projects that Giulio Fontana participated to but are too old to be featured in AIRWiki. These include:
- MEPOS (Optical Measurement of Position and Size of Wood Panels for Intelligent Automation of Sanding Machines: realization of a machine vision system to be fitted to industrial sanding machines, for the estimation of the thickness of wood panels over their entire width and length, in order to allow precise sanding of unknown- and variable-thickness panels)
- APE (Agencies for PErception in enviromental monitoring: realization of a multirobot system for the monitoring and characterization of electro-magnetic fields)
- MORO (MObile RObotic agency, historic and long-standing AIRLab project in the field of multirobot systems; starring MO.RO.1, the first autonomous mobile robot ever built in Italy).
Click here to get to Giulio Fontana's web page within the website of the Department of Electronics, Information and Bioengineering.