Giulio Fontana works in the design, setup, management, technical supervision and implementation of AIRLab projects. He enjoys finding solutions to problems, and is happiest when designing robots, systems or devices.
The following is a list of of funded projects where Giulio Fontana's role is -or has been- significant:
- funded project RockEU2, and especially the European Robotics League (Active)
- interdepartment project i.Drive (Interaction between Driver, Road infrastructure, Vehicles and Environment, Active)
- funded project ALMA (Ageing without Losing Mobility and Autonomy , Active)
- funded project RoCKIn (Robot Competitions Kick Innovation in Cognitive Systems and Robotics , Completed)
- funded project ROAMFREE (Robust Odometry Applying Multisensor Fusion to Reduce Estimation Errors , Completed)
- funded project Industria 2015: Product Intelligence (providing household appliances with onboard intelligence to optimize energy usage , Completed)
- funded project RAWSEEDS (Robotics Advancement through Web-publishing of Sensorial and Elaborated Extensive Data Sets , Completed)
Other AIRLab projects which Giulio Fontana works -or worked- to are:
- E-2? - A robot for exhibitions (A robot to interact with people at an exhibition , Closed)
- LURCH - The autonomous wheelchair (Augmenting commercial electric wheelchairs with autonomous navigation, obstacle avoidance, and multi-modal interfaces , Closed)
- Rawseeds (Building a Benchmarking Toolkit for robotics , Closed)
There are also projects that Giulio Fontana participated to but are too old to be featured in AIRWiki. These include:
- MEPOS (Optical Measurement of Position and Size of Wood Panels for Intelligent Automation of Sanding Machines: realization of a machine vision system to be fitted to industrial sanding machines, for the estimation of the thickness of wood panels over their entire width and length, in order to allow precise sanding of unknown- and variable-thickness panels)
- APE (Agencies for PErception in enviromental monitoring: realization of a multirobot system for the monitoring and characterization of electro-magnetic fields)
- MORO (MObile RObotic agency, historic and long-standing AIRLab project in the field of multirobot systems; starring MO.RO.1, the first autonomous mobile robot ever built in Italy).
Click here to get to Giulio Fontana's web page within the website of the Department of Electronics, Information and Bioengineering.