ZOIDBERG - An autonomous bio-inspired Robotic fish
DO NOT EDIT THIS PAGE!
This is a generic template for a project page. Project pages describe the projects going on at the AIRLab and are listed in the Projects page. Feel free to copy (but not to cut or modify) the contents of its 'edit' tab and re-use them as a basis for your own project's page. The instructions to do that are given at Projects#HOWTO add a new project to the AIRWiki.
Of course this is only intended as a hint: your page must contain also all the details about your work. In particulat you need to write down in detail if your work can cause any risk to you or to others.
Finally, keep in mind that YOU have the responsibility to guarantee that your work complies to the Safety norms and the Rules of the AIRLab. Despite the joking tone of what follows, these are matters that you must consider very seriously.
If you have any doubt about the safety of a tool, a procedure or anything else in the AIRLab, stop now and talk with the Teacher who is in charge of your project.
- 1 Part 1: project profile
- 2 Part 2: project description
- 3 Our Nafion EAP experiments on YouTube
- 4 People Involved
Part 1: project profile
ZOIDBERG, An autonomous, bio-inspired robotic fish
Project short description
here you must write down, in at least a few lines of text, what the project is about
This project is aimed at designing and constructing a big, powerful and indestructible autonomous robot. It will be able to fight, defeat and ultimately wipe out humanity. After that, the robot will proceed to populate the Earth with a new breed of mechanical beings. Actually, the development of the self-replicating system will be performed by a future project, to be set up after (?) the success of this one.
Start date: 2008/01/01
End date: 2010/12/31
address of the official web page(s) of the project, if any; do not put other links here, as they belong to #Part 2: project description
the people who guide the project, and therefore your own work too
Prof.ssa Giuseppina Gini - User:GiuseppinaGini
Other Politecnico di Milano people
Ing. Paolo Belluco - User:PaoloBelluco
Students currently working on the project
Laboratory work and risk analysis
Laboratory work for this project will be mainly performed at AIRLab/Lambrate. It will include significant amounts of mechanical work as well as of electrical and electronic activity. Potentially risky activities are the following:
- Use of mechanical tools. Standard safety measures described in Safety norms will be followed.
- Use of soldering iron. Standard safety measures described in Safety norms will be followed.
- Use of high-voltage circuits. Special gloves and a current limiter will be used.
- Robot testing. Standard safety measures described in Safety norms will be followed.
Part 2: project description
Put here all the scientific and technical information about the project. Feel free to insert titles and sections as needed. Remember that here you can find help about wiki syntax.
Just to give you some ideas:
- state of the art;
- preliminary studies and sketches;
- design notes and guidelines;
- link to project documents and files (you can upload them using the Special:Upload page);
- description and results of experiments;
- photos and videos (they must have been uploaded with Special:Upload before you can insert them into this page);
- link to source code of the software written for the project (you can upload it with Special:Upload);
- advice about the configuration and the use of hardware and software;
- useful internet links;
- anything else that you think is useful to describe the project or could help people who will work on it in the future. Think about what you would have liked to find clearly explained when you started your work, instead of discovering it all by yourself the hard way. (By the way, if some of those missing information belong to other pages of this wiki, please update those pages: future users will be grateful.)
Our Nafion EAP experiments on YouTube
Maurizio Mercurio (Tesista)
Francesco Milli (Tesista)
Alessandro Nava (Tesista)