Revision as of 17:16, 18 October 2008 by BernardoDalSeno (Talk | contribs)
A brief description of EbNeuro BeLight should go here.
- 1-21: EEG inputs
- A, B, C, D Bipolar inputs
- NE: EEG reference
- ISOGN: EEG ground (Isolated ground)
- 22-24: Poly channels
- NEP: Poly reference
In order to book the electroencephalograph, please go to the IITLab page, where you can update a table with your new bookings.
There are two types of electrodes: electrodes pre-mounted on caps, and single electrodes. They are very simple, but as they are very important for the quality of the signal and are delicate (and also incredibly expensive, btw), please treat them carefully (avoid rattling them against each other, for example).
The paste or gel used during acquisitions must be thoroughly removed after use. Please follow the following procedure:
- Rinse the electrodes under running water. This step can remove only a part of the gel/paste. Please avoid washing or wetting the plugs.
- Put the electrodes in a container half-filled with water (there is a suitable container in the cabinet of the IITLab), so that the electrodes are completely submerged. Leave them there for some minutes, until all the gel/paste become dissolved. Change the water if it becomes too murky. Do not leave the electrodes underwater for too long.
- Rinse the electrodes under running water (and also rinse the container).
- Put the electrodes in a dry place, where they can dry up. You can accelerate this phase by first patting them with a towel. Again, make sure that plugs don't come in contact with water; if you hang a cap, make sure that water cannot drip along the cable onto the plug.
- Put the electrodes away in their bag in their box. Please make sure that they are absolutely dry before you put them away; the coating of electrodes is rather delicate.
Please take into account also the time for electrode cleaning when you plan your EEG acquisitions.
- Brain-Computer Interface page on this Wiki
- How to mount electrodes
- How to setup BCI software