ZOIDBERG - An autonomous bio-inspired Robotic fish
- 1 Part 1: project profile
- 2 Part 2: project description
Part 1: project profile
ZOIDBERG - An autonomous bio-inspired robotic fish
Project short description
ZOIDBERG is a project about an autonomous bio-inspired robot. The project's aim is to realize a robotic fish actuated by a particular electroactive polymer of ICPF type (Ionic Conducting Polymer Film).
Prof.ssa Giuseppina Gini - User:GiuseppinaGini
Other Politecnico di Milano people
Ing. Paolo Belluco - User:PaoloBelluco
Students currently working on the project
Francesco Milli - User:FrancescoMilli
Maurizio Mercurio - User:MaurizioMercurio
Alessandro Nava - User:AlessandroNava
Laboratory work and risk analysis
Laboratory work for this project will be mainly performed at AIRLab/Lambrate. It will include significant amounts of mechanical work as well as of electrical and electronic activity. Potentially risky activities are the following:
- Use of mechanical tools. Standard safety measures described in Safety norms will be followed.
- Use of soldering iron. Standard safety measures described in Safety norms will be followed.
- Use of high-voltage circuits. Special gloves and a current limiter will be used.
- Robot testing. Standard safety measures described in Safety norms will be followed.
Part 2: project description
The project is composed by:
- State of the art;
- Preliminary studies and sketches;
- Design notes and guidelines;
- Description and results of experiments;
- Useful internet links: Dr. Zoidberg
- Useful other internet links: