Difference between revisions of "Low-cost IMU"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|short_descr=Characterization of a low-cost IMU module developed
|short_descr=Characterization of a low-cost IMU module developed AIRLab.
Revision as of 17:04, 22 November 2012
|Short Description:||Characterization of a low-cost IMU module developed by AIRLab.|
|Tutor:||MartinoMigliavacca (firstname.lastname@example.org), MatteoMatteucci (email@example.com)|
|Research Topic:||Robot development|
This project is related to the ongoing effort of AIRLab in developing low-cost robotic modules and systems. An Inertial Measurement Unit based on MEMS sensors (AIRIMU) has already been designed and realized. This project has the objectives of:
- defining a model of AIRIMU to enable its characterization;
- characterizing the output of AIRIMU in correspondence to physical action;
- defining suitable calibration procedures for AIRIMU;
- testing the actual performance of the calibrated AIRIMU;
- exploring the possibility of using AIRIMU (one or more units) brought by people to derive higher-level information about the behavior of the bearers.