|Students:||BenChen (firstname.lastname@example.org), AntonioBianchi (email@example.com)|
Here is some detailed information about the first version of the interactive game with a robot, were interaction is obtained by a WIIMote.
Antonio Bianchi and Ben Chen developed a game system (RoboWII1.0) where the human player has to try to point a led target on the robot with the infrared camera of the WIIMote, while the robot tries to get a target position and at the same time to avoid to be caught.
They have used a robot originally used in Robocup, with a two-wheels differential kinematics. RoboWII has been developed in Linux, using C++. The communication between computer and WIIMote is done using the library Wiiuse. Moreover, some packages developed at Politecnico di Milano within the MRT project (Modular Robotic Toolkit) have been used:
- DCDT, for message exchange among the components of RoboWII
- Mr. Brian, to program fuzzy logic behaviors
The localization software was originally developed within the LURCH project, and is able to localize the robot w.r.t. a set of printed markers placed on the ceiling over the playground. This software uses the ArtToolkitPlus libraries.
- Bachelor thesis by Bianchi e Chen: Media:Tesina_robowii.pdf
- Code: in the Discussion page
- Guide to MRT software
Nella scatola del progetto si trova:
- 1 Nintendo Wiimote
- angolari di metallo, velcro e cartone (per il montaggio della sensor bar e della telecamera)
- il materiale usato precedentemente per il progetto Polyphemus (telecamera mobile, cavi vari, ...)
Sul robot è presente:
- 1 telecamera Firewire
- 1 cavo firewire (3 mt.)
- 1 Airboard
Utente sul Mac Mini (user: robowii, password: robowii)